- Download the latest keymagic installer .exe from here.
- Double-click and run the downloaded installer file and the installer will guide you through the installation.
- You will see following dialog if keymagic is installed successfully. Make sure to check Launch keymagic and click Finish.
- You will see keymagic tray icon near the clock. (On Windows7, click up-arrow beside tray icons and drag keymagic near the clock to always see keymagic icon.)
- Left-click tray icon and right-click on the tray icon to access menu
Mac OS X
- Download keymagic form here.
- Run downloaded installer.
- After installation is done. Click Log Out to logout and then login back.
- Open System Preferences -> Language & Text.
- Select Input Sources tab
- Find keymagic
- Check keymagic
- Then, check Show Input menu in menu bar too
- Installation is finished. Select keymagic from Input menu and start using it.
- You can use Hotkey (
Control+Space) to switch keymagic's keyboard layouts.
You may use one of the following methods to install keymagic on Ubuntu. These may also work for other Debian based Linux OSes.
Installing from kokoye2007 PPA
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:kokoye2007/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ibus-keymagic
Installing from Ubuntu-MM PPA
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntu-mm/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ibus-keymagic ibus-setup & ibus-daemon -rdx
Installing using deb
- Download the keymagic deb package for iBus from download page.
- Open the downloaded folder and double click the
ibus-keymagic_184.108.40.20610528-1_i386.debcould be different file name)
- Ubuntu Software Center will be opened.
- Click Install (If the system request to enter your user password fill out for the permissions)
- Go the the setting page
System > Preferences > Input Method Switcher.
- Then choose iBus as shown in below.
- Download one of the keyboard layout you like to use from Keyboards